Libraries are in the business of lending – books, dvd’s, audiobooks, and eBooks come to mind. But the Peru Public Library added some unusual things to our lending collection – folding chairs, board games, tote baskets and much more. We created a Library of Things, a collection of gadgets, devices, and objects that you need infrequently (slide projector, button maker) or want to try (3D printing pens, Roku).
Use your library card to borrow from the collection, however, the Hotspots and Roku’s are limited to just Peru library patrons.
Our Library of Things
Board Games – Yahtzee, Sequence, Malarky, Suspend
The Library of Things rules
- All things must be checked out upstairs at the Main Circulation desk
- All things must be returned to the Main Circulation desk
- Many things have multiple pieces, so kindly take care to return the things as you received them
- We charge a cleaning fee of $5.00 for anything returned dirty
- Things have a check out period of 2 weeks, except the Hotspots and Rokus check out for one week
- All things are used at the patron’s own risk