Provided by the Peru Public Library, Brainfuse is a free eLearning platform offering online homework help with professional tutors. Tutors are available to help with Math, Reading, Science, Social Studies, History, Geography, and Language Arts for students in grades K-12. Students communicate with tutors using an interactive whiteboard to write, draw, copy/paste text or images relating to homework problems.
Creation of a personal account is not required to get live homework help.
What you need to use the free tutoring
To use Brainfuse HelpNow Tutoring service, you need a library account with the Peru Public Library.
If you don’t have a Peru Library card, visit the library to register and receive your physical card. Or request a Digital Access account from the library – this allows you to use all our digital and/or online service, such as Brainfuse.
Quick start with Live Tutoring
To use Brainfuse Tutoring on a computer
- Access Brainfuse HelpNow
- Enter your Peru Library account number, all 14 digits
- Select Live Tutoring, listed under Expert Help
- Select your grade and subject
- Click the Get Live Help button to enter the online classroom
- Wait for a tutor to connect with you for online assistance
- Remember, Live Tutoring is available 2pm -11pm Monday – Sunday
Do I need to create a personal account with Brainfuse?
No, you can use the Live Tutoring without creating a Brainfuse account. but a free Brainfuse My Account is needed to:
- Save your homework help session
- Use the HelpNow app (Apple or Android)
- Submit a writing assignment for review and/or feedback
- Use the SkillSurfer section
- Submit a homework question to Send Question
How do I create a personal account?
- Access HelpNow with your library account number
- Click on My Account
- When asked, enter a username and a password. Brainfuse recommends not using your first and last names, to help with confidentiality.
- Choose a security question and enter your answer