Find your Voice!
Summer Reading & Fun Activities
For Children birth thru 12 years of age
In-person registration begins Monday May 1
Research suggests families should aim for a minimum of 15-20 minutes of reading a day to help prevent the “summer slide”, where reading skills are lost and kids are less prepared to return to school in the fall. Children not yet completed 2nd grade must be accompanied by a responsible adult at all times when at the library.
Be sure to ask about our kits and backpacks for take home:
- Flashlight Story Time take home kits include picture books, a flashlight, songs & rhymes and an activity.
- Flannel Board and Felt Story kits include picture books, felt stories & instructions.
- Baby Sprout Backpacks with books and play & learn materials.
- Little Sprout Backpacks for 1 and 2-year-olds with books and play & learn materials.
- Growing Readers Kindergarten Readiness kits for 3-5-year-olds with concept books, learn & play materials, and other items which help children learn kindergarten readiness concepts such as letter, color, and number recognition, positional and directional concepts, writing, and more.
- Reading kits including letters & sounds, blends, guided level readers, rhyming, sight words & more for kids 3 – 8 years.
- Learning games such as Launch and Learn alphabet, beginning sounds, & rhyming sounds, What’s the Rhyme? Sorting Houses, Splash Sight Words and more.
- Math literacy kits including simple addition/subtraction, comparing numbers, making ten, patterning and more.
- STEM kits such as Sink or Float, Survive the Quake, Create a Chain Reaction and more